• Breaking News

    Friday, October 23, 2020

    Command & Conquer On this day 20 years ago:

    Command & Conquer On this day 20 years ago:


    On this day 20 years ago:

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 10:23 PM PDT

    Mammoth Tank Figurine Chemical Composition

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 11:04 AM PDT

    I posted about the heavy weight of the mammoth tank figurine a couple of days ago when I first got my collectors edition in. It was unusually hefty to say the least. I work in a chemistry lab and have access to all sorts of fun instruments, one of which is a gun that tells you the chemical composition of samples (XRF).

    So I bring the mammoth tank to work, analyze it and to my surprise it came out reading cadmium as the primary constituent on the bottom of the tank, in between the tracks.

    This was a bit surprising to me since cadmium's toxicity is well documented, especially the younger you are.

    Thinking that this might be just the coating of paint, I grinded off a decent amount of the bottom part of the tank to see what the base material was only to find more cadmium(~93%) and zinc (~7%).

    Researching it more online, Chinese toy and jewelry manufacturers use cadmium for lots of toys but restrictions started to be placed on the sale of them in the US about ten years ago. They are all banned in the EU.

    I was wondering if since the tank is a collectors item or something it doesn't get classified as a toy or something so the rules are different for it. I don't know.

    I love the design and feel of it, don't get me wrong. I'd just be cautious to let your kids play with it and maybe wash your hands after reinacting the oblisk of light blowing it up 👍

    Edit- Spelling

    submitted by /u/DDCrunch
    [link] [comments]

    Sent this to my brother & I thought I should share this here

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 12:48 PM PDT

    About a year ago, i asked if the community wanted a Generals remake...We are heading into production!

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 07:25 AM PDT

    Original post : https://www.reddit.com/r/commandandconquer/comments/be4lex/anybody_interested_in_a_generals_remake_indie/

    Hi all. great news. We managed to save some of our own money ( i sold my house(not to fund this game,but it give me a nice buffer to work on this)) and we are heading into production. We are currently slowly building up everything and we will be sharing news and information in the upcoming weeks.

    Feel free to join our discord in the meantime to stay up to date.

    https://discord.gg/eE3MKp7

    submitted by /u/redfirm
    [link] [comments]

    The beautiful glow

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 05:24 PM PDT

    It's here! :) Very happy with it

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    My box finally arrived! see if you can spot whats missing through.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 03:34 PM PDT

    I have finally received my 25th Anniversary Collector's Edition! (Although it has some defects)

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 03:03 PM PDT

    I have finally received my 25th Anniversary Collector's Edition! (Although it has some defects)

    Hello commanders!

    I am from Spain and I have received my box! My first surprise has been that I have not had to pay any customs fee, the truth is that I do not complain but it was strange since in other orders I have sometimes had to pay when they were high amounts. Well, better for me!

    I have been a bit unlucky because I wanted to get card #35 instead of the card #36, but I guess they give them randomly and I got that one.

    The tank is heavy and looks pretty good, the Tesla coil and Obelisk are amazing (remember to remove the batteries if you are not going to use it as the plastic protector is no longer present), the beanie has the logos in the correct position. The stickers, the poster, the cds and the pins are pristine. The velcro patches are huge and they are fine too.

    All items

    Everything is fine, except for some details in 2 items.

    • Two of the laminated tech trees have air bubbles in the left border. I don't mind this too much as a CD is included with the digital version of the tech trees and other stuff as well so I can print them again and laminate them.

    Allied bubble

    Soviet bubble

    • The USB cradle has burrs and the USB appears chipped. But in this case I don't know if this is normal due to the way the mold is filled and then taken out of it, since the rest of the areas are fine. Does anyone know?

    USB cradle

    USB

    The air bubble in the USB is an plus for me. I've seen some resin pieces in the forest and some have trapped air bubbles which gives them a more natural and exotic feel to me, so that bubble when the USB is plugged in bright green reminds me of that. So the bubble is not a problem to me, just the chipped.

    I'm going to try to contact Limited Run to find out if USB cradle and USB "issues" are a normal part of the manufacturing process. I will update if I get information about it. About tech trees it's just air, I think I can even prick with a needle being careful and it goes.

    I only wanted to share my experience. This is my first collection and I'm very happy with it although it wasn't perfect!

    Regards.

    submitted by /u/Aker666
    [link] [comments]

    This C&C TD tribute image from godwinfj (DeviantArt) really made me think. When initially looking at it, all I see is "World in Conflict" but all those details then say "C&C" and somehow I think, a mix-up of both games could actually work out really well. WDY?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 06:40 AM PDT

    In the name of Kane, have a great weekend!

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 12:43 AM PDT

    Is anybody else getting strange strong "The settlers" vibes from the remastered engineer? Feels like he would fit perfectly into the older Settlers games.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 07:33 AM PDT

    Anyone else still running windows XP?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 02:30 PM PDT

    so F&%#*$ HAPPY

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 12:32 AM PDT

    ARGH! I still haven't got my package and USPS and UPS aren't willing to help.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 01:59 PM PDT

    So as I made a topic last week, my package for the collector's thing arrived on the 16th at my local UPS. I called USPS today and they said they haven't gotten it. They told me to call UPS. I called UPS and they said USPS should get it and it's not their problem if they didn't. Now I am told to contact the shipper and to ask them to start an investigation. Ugh. I hope they realize this is a limited edition thing and they can't send out a new one.

    UPS also stated this sometimes happens when the shipped uses the cheapest way to ship things. :/

    submitted by /u/zfreakazoidz
    [link] [comments]

    So I guess this is how the vortex looked the first time?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 12:51 PM PDT

    Red Alert 2 - Animating a RA2 image time-lapse

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 06:45 AM PDT

    Should I play red alert 2 or 3

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 02:47 AM PDT

    I'm thinking of playing either red alert 2 or 3 campaigns

    I've played red alert 2 but not in years and never finished the campaign

    and I've never played red alert 3

    should I play Red alert 3 first or finish red alert 2?

    submitted by /u/engieforever
    [link] [comments]

    Help with remastered map editor and prebuilt structures.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 07:58 AM PDT

    I am trying to place prebuilt bases for AI skirmish. I place structures under "multi-1" and "multi-2". When I load my map in skirmish there are no structures on the map.

    submitted by /u/LegolasTheMachineElf
    [link] [comments]

    Got my collectors edition yesterday, decided to post cause everyone else is just posting the anniversary Edition, so happy its finally here

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 04:43 PM PDT

    I’m clearly a bit late to the game...

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 05:11 PM PDT

    Can someone tell me where I can find a hard copy of the remastered collection? I see it at Limited Run Games, but it comes with a ton of stuff I don't need. It's also sold out.

    I've googled and only found digital downloads.

    submitted by /u/poprocks201
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel