• Breaking News

    Monday, September 23, 2019

    Command & Conquer The old Allied Forces (continuation from ICFRA screenshot)

    Command & Conquer The old Allied Forces (continuation from ICFRA screenshot)


    The old Allied Forces (continuation from ICFRA screenshot)

    Posted: 23 Sep 2019 11:55 AM PDT

    Twisted Insurrection Mod Difficulties

    Posted: 23 Sep 2019 01:59 PM PDT

    Started playing this mod and apparently I'm compleately terrible at RTS games now. I've started the gdi campaign on easy after winning an easy skirmish match to get my footing.

    The first mission was easy enough, although it gets a little heated at the end with stealth tanks and buggies rushing in to kill your light infantry (nod armour sucks however so gunning them down was easy enough.) The second was very easy, you just cross the map while avoiding that one base with the four turrets and flame tank.

    The third was a little tricky what with no real way to scout the enemy without taking damage, I didn't find the ambulances to be useful at all. But even still, even with a few mistakes that make me question my mental capacity, I brought Sheppard back safe along with most of my army.

    Now we get to mission four, or four-b?, where it takes the difficulty up a notch or at least I think so. I can push my ground team across the top of the map just fine, making sure to use my tank and not the infantry to fight the flame tank. I scout out the water ways with my skimmers, found the occupied airbase and popped a flame tank before withdrawing and continued around the map avoiding the obelisks. I find the power plants and here's where the map gets weird/difficult. I manage to identify the ammo crates to pop to kill the fist PP and get a message saying that a tower has been disabled.... except none of the four that I had found are off line (lights are still on.) So I pop the double PP tanking a laser blast in the process and all four go offline! Alright good to go right? Wrong.... pushing my ground team into the base is basically impossible, being swarmed by masses of nod infantry and soon vehicles as the nod base pumps out buggies, bikes, and tanks like there is no tomorrow. The AI is tenacious I'll give it that, but upon trying to attack the main base first nod blows the bridge to the airbase and SPAWNS an MCV there to start building.

    That base builds quick so I reload and try intercepting the buggy to save the bridge, avoiding the issue of the base being hell on earth to push into without macroing for 20 minutes. But to no avail the bridge gets blown near instantly. I manage to use my skimmers to snipe the second construction yard before it builds too much, but I'm not out of the water just yet. As now I was in for a 20-30 minute slugging match with the AI until it runs out of money across the one bridge your new base can access, the rest of everything else being protected with rocket troopers. And rebuilding of the main nod base turns the obelisk lights back on, but they don't work which was weird. A battle of attrition takes place as the AI isn't harvesting but after 4-5 different assaults nod holds firm. SO I decide to use the most OP stratigy in C&C histroy.

    I put an engineer into an APC and capture their conyard, with a pre-built Vulcan tower ready to be deployed. And then build another, and another, and another inside of their base to slaughter everything while my distraction tanks rush about trying to help. I won in the end, as there are no more tricks (in the gameplay at least) and I get to the score screen.... only to tab out and crash the game before I can save on the next mission to keep my progress....

    Is there a special nack to this mod? To the mission? Or is it simply just hard as hell, even for someone playing on easy? because I'm not sure that this mission was supposed to turn into a WW1 bridge slaughter simulator at the end there. C&C insta towers and engineer cheese aside.

    submitted by /u/igncom1
    [link] [comments]

    The best C&C superweapons

    Posted: 23 Sep 2019 09:35 AM PDT

    All games included and the one that doesn't exist

    submitted by /u/PalawanGamer
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have a fix for Zero Hour crashes?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2019 01:04 PM PDT

    Been trying out some mods, Deep Impact and Contra, and playing with 6 or more players always crashes the game.

    Has a fix been found yet? Or do we just have to suffer with the engine.

    submitted by /u/MasterOfReaIity
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel