• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 1, 2021

    Command & Conquer Yuri's Revenge LAN problems on Windows 10 with dual ethernet ports

    Command & Conquer Yuri's Revenge LAN problems on Windows 10 with dual ethernet ports


    Yuri's Revenge LAN problems on Windows 10 with dual ethernet ports

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 11:51 AM PDT

    I am posting this here mostly for posterity as I've run into this problem before and keep forgetting how to solve it. I've had this problem on two different systems over the past 5+ years on Windows 10 with the original Yuri's Revenge game patched to 1.001 . The problem is that when I want to play a LAN game (either locally or over VPN) from my Windows 10 machine with dual ethernet ports, I can only be the host. People cannot see me in the lobby but they can see my game when I host. I can see others in the lobby but cannot see their games when they host. Obviously this is after downloading the updated wsock32.dll to replace IPX with UDP. After solving it for the second time this decade when I upgraded my gaming machine from a single ethernet setup (which never had a problem) to one with dual ethernet ports, I decided to post it so at least I could find it again in the future.

    The solution is to specify the priority of one of your ethernet ports by setting the "Interface metric" in the advanced TCP/IP settings for the controller. Detailed instructions can be found at https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-priority-order-network-adapters-windows-10. If that link no longer works, you can simply Google "How to change the priority order of network adapters on Windows 10".

    Once I set the priority on one of my ethernet adapters, the LAN lobby worked terrifically. I could see others and join their games and vice versa.

    Hopefully somebody else can benefit from this as well.

    submitted by /u/jmonty42
    [link] [comments]

    gonna start with ra2 and had questions

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 10:44 AM PDT

    so i wanted to start with ra2 as im a noob and i heard its noob friendly

    what will i miss story and gameplaywise (story being obvious and gameplay being appreciating how things evolved and the game skipping explaining things that you get familiarized in earlier games with) if i skip cc dawn and ra1?

    submitted by /u/thatgutmcgreggg
    [link] [comments]

    I see a lot of posts of games that look "inspired" by C&C. But this one straight up has the same music and sound effects.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 02:15 AM PDT

    What was the app called

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 03:39 PM PDT

    Hey friends, i bought the command & conquer remastered edition today. And played for like 1.5 hours and remembered that when I was little, a friend of my dad played command & conquer on His I phone. So I searched the App Store but I can't find the old app. Does anyone knows what title the old app had? I think it was red alert but the pictures from red alert pc edition do not line up with my memories. Pls help xD

    submitted by /u/johdks
    [link] [comments]

    Uhhh help?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 08:08 PM PDT

    - Tiberium Renaissance -

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 07:04 PM PDT

    I have recreated the interrogation track from Nod mission 12 (Jake McNeil's interrogation) - this track is also heard during the mission briefing before Nod's final assualt on Hammerfest!

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 06:26 PM PDT

    Does online multiplayer work for RA3 on Xbox?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 03:51 AM PDT

    I've seen a couple posts of people having issues and some people saying it's working fine. My friend owns RA3 and is trying to play through backwards compatibility on his Series X and I am considering buying it on my Series S.

    Ideally would like to see if anyone has has any success with online multi player or whether or not there is an option to have a LAN party?

    Or is it totally doomed and only able to play multi player with AI?

    submitted by /u/Griff-Y
    [link] [comments]

    Red Alert 2 Mentioned in Did You Know Gaming

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 04:54 PM PDT

    In there latest video talking about Anti-Piracy Measures in PC games. Starts at 5:30

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXjhOiLlJxA&list=WL&index=55

    submitted by /u/ColdFreeway
    [link] [comments]

    Infantry Warfare

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 09:24 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel