• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 28, 2019

    Command & Conquer My flight had a interesting thumbnail for games.

    Command & Conquer My flight had a interesting thumbnail for games.


    My flight had a interesting thumbnail for games.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 05:52 AM PST

    Thats pretty cool!, How Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun Solved Pathfinding | War Stories | Ars Technica

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 07:19 AM PST

    Quick New Year's Update About My Game

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 07:34 AM PST

    First of all I want to wish everyone of you a (late) merry christmas and already a happy new year! I hope all of you are doing fine and enjoying games and family during this festive month!

    Secondly I want to thank every single one of you. I appreciate everyone's faith in me and in this project. I know it's not much so far, just a .gif of a tank driving around (there's more under the hood). I know a lot of you here were interested in this project so I didn't want to keep you out of the loop either on this! I've sent a DM two days ago to the subreddit moderators on this, but haven't gotten a response yet, but if the moderators decide this isn't allowed, I will happily remove this post as well!

    Alright let's cut to the point, given this is what you're most likely here for!

    • Progress:
      • Pathfinding:
        • As you all have seen, the basic path finding is working currently, however there are still things that need to be changed and improved on (current issues will be listed further below)
        • Units move around objects and terrain parts that are set as obstacles.
        • Currently this is implemented for only one vehicle (test vehicle).
      • In game music player:
        • Currently there is a working music player in the game with Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 place holder music, because come on. I have to listen to Frank Klepacki's bangers as I play test right? You cannot blame me.
        • As of right now it has no UI yet to select songs manually.
        • I've implemented a code that prevents soundtracks from being played twice in a row. As stupid as this sounds, this was really frustrating to get working, but this was a must for me because I hate hearing songs twice in a row, but that's probably just me.
        • Songs are picked based on a number generator so it's always randomized what song you hear.
      • Unit Voices/announcer voices:
        • I've recorded the very first unit voice lines, which are for the ECF T-90 Main Battle Tank. They're far from good, given I'm very new to voice acting, but will try my best to make them the best I possibly can!
        • Basic announcer voices have been recorded, edited, and implemented (like "Establishing battlefield control... Stand-by..." as a test/placeholder for now and "Base under attack!") meaning that once the level starts you do indeed hear "Establishing battlefield control... Stand-by...".
      • In-game music/Original Soundtrack:
        • Soundtracks are not forgotten about either. I've started working on the very first soundtrack for the game.
        • I've asked Frank Klepacki himself about tips for people that are new to game development and new to soundtracks/sound effects, to which (to my surprise) he actually answered, so I'll be studying those as well.
      • Graphical:
        • Logos, background images, splash screens and loading screens cannot be forgotten about and I have (together with my girlfriend, who is a graphical designer) started brainstorming about logo ideas and working on a concept for it.

    • Current issues:
      • Pathfinding:
        • Alright, I've said I'd talk about this below so here goes. Units currently drive over/through other units because it isn't set up correctly yet.
        • Pathfinding currently is working grid-based, this will be upgraded later on to NavMesh based. I had a working NavMesh pathfinding, but this wasn't sufficient for what I wanted so I had to rewrite it and its algorithm which so far I've only got working on grid-based pathfinding.
        • Units that go up slopes do not rotate the body with the angle of the slope. So say a tank goes up a 30o slope won't rotate the body/turret causing it to clip through the terrain as it "slides" up the hill. Currently I have no solution for this yet, but am looking into possible solutions.

    • Known bugs:
      • Performance:
        • This sounds weird but this is actually a thing. Currently the game runs at about ~250 FPS (which is a lot of course) but when you hold Right Mouse Button to drag the camera, the game's performance goes up to ~350 FPS with lowered CPU and GPU usage but increased RAM usage. I have no idea what causes this yet but am investigating it currently.

    I hope this gives you an insight on where this project is at as of this moment. I won't be working on the project a whole lot for now until about the 15th of January given Christmas yesterday, New Year coming up, working a 40 hour per week internship and doing a very, VERY annoying grind on War Thunder. One could say I've taken a small "break". Break is in quotes because this won't be a real break, I'll still be working on it at times, in between spending time with the family and grinding my ass off on War Thunder.

    I've also updated the Trello board with what's currently in the works etc.

    You can also find the project on: r/AgeOfDestruction

    Keep in mind to feel free to ask anything at any time and I'll come back to you ASAP with a response!

    submitted by /u/Robinblitz
    [link] [comments]

    My old C&C heirlooms (probably the first of two parts)

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 10:50 PM PST

    Any idea when Aspyr is going to patch C&C Generals for Mac OS Catalina?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 11:19 PM PST

    According to there FAQ page Mac will no longer be supporting 32-bit apps, therefore they need to update it to a 64-bit—like civ5. It is confirmed but no official date. Just wondering if anyone is in the know.

    submitted by /u/JabbaTheChris
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel